Positivity – A Monumental Stepping Stone to Success
Everyone talks about being positive, but the hardest time comes when you have to believe and stick to it throughout your attempts to reach your goal. Self-confidence relies heavily on positive thinking. Believing on your abilities to reach the ultimate goal will not only boost your self-confidence but also make you look at things that you are capable of doing. Many things contribute to a negative point of view- personal tragedies happen to everyone, but some people handle that better than others. When you are beaten down by the hard realities of life, it is sometimes very hard to remember the good points.
When you are positive in attaining your goal, people around you become positive too in order to attain theirs. Positivity is like the icing on a cake- it is impossible to taste success without passing the hardships. What you do is one thing, what you believe in doing is completely different. You might want to become a celebrity, but you have to understand that it cannot be done without hard work and you may struggle in the process. You must be prepared to face the worst things, and yet remain positive about your chances to over come them.
There are plenty of normal people who see the bad before the good in every situation. Ironically, they can be some of the most self-confident people around If they learn to have the patience to search for the good in situations as well. On the contrary, there are loads of extrovert people who seem to be happy all the day long, but once they are done doing those things, they become dismissive and lethargic. A never-ending optimism can just prove outward confidence and lack of personal courage.
6 Steps Towards Success
A person is tested truly in terms of being positive when challenges become difficult. Remaining positive keeps one’s mind in the right state of balance and often opens resolutions to the problems at hand. Follow the steps given below that will help you in shifting your mindset, and ultimately take you towards success:
- Shift Your Thoughts: If you have a goal and a plan to achieve it, make sure your thought processes are in favor of doing everything that will help you reach your aim, even when your life is not panning out to be the way you planned. The moment you see that you are diving into frustration, sorrow or low self-esteem, shift your thoughts by thinking about something completely unrelated. This will help break the pattern of self-pity, mind-created stories, and negative feelings.
Remember- what happens, happens for the better.
Find the Lesson: Every situation contains a lesson in it, and no matter how unfortunate the situation may appear, recognize the beautiful lessons waiting to be discovered. Every problem that you might face is like an opportunity in disguise. You may have made a mistake, but now you can accept it and continue, knowing that you will make a different decision in the future. Understand and appreciate every experience you face or those that cut your way.
- Attitude of Gratitude:It is important for all of you to realize how lucky you are to be where you are right now. All of it has happened because of your / your parent’s hard work and struggle. Start counting the blessings and miracles in your life, and if you do not have them yet, start looking for them and you shall find more!
- Positive Affirmations & Visualizations: Always practice seeing yourself in a positive and confident light. Do this whenever you have a few minutes- for instance, when you are waiting for a friend, sitting in the bus, or riding an elevator. A list of positive statements about yourself and your self-image are other simple and powerful tools to train your subconscious to see yourself in a positive light.
- Inventory of Memories: Keep an inventory of memories that can immediately make you smile- occasions where you felt happy and cheerful, or some appreciative words someone might have said to you at a meeting, or your parents saying you how hardworking you are. If you have any negative thoughts in your mind, pick out one memory from the inventory and dwell on it. When you do this, you get a balanced perspective to your situation. You realize that what appears negative today will change tomorrow.
- Changed Approach and Attitude: Stop criticizing others and their situations. Diverse your mind away from fault-finding to appreciate-finding. And you should never forget that before you find flaws and problems in others, you have some in yourself. Before you correct those, do not try to fall into catching other’s bad parts.
Positivity- A Broadened Perspective
Your being positive or negative does not bring any change to the situation. The best option is to always be positive, whether you are drowning into something tragic or feel that nothing worse could happen than what has already happened. The habit of remaining positive in all situation takes practice and a commitment to yourself to take control, especially when you have to smile and show that nothing wrong has ever happened with you. Always start small, pay attention to your emotions, and begin by wanting to see a change in yourself.
Being positive all the time does not only mean that you will become successful one day, but it also initiates that you will see life in a more brighter and a wider perspective than ever before. You will learn how to fight the negativities that come your way. Always remember- no way is easy. It’s up to you; what you do with it, and how you make it work in your favor. Go for whatever is there in your mind, and soon that day shall come when you reach what you have desired to be. Go and find your own success routes …